Monday, February 5, 2018

Time For Self Love

My journey with Crohns disease has not been easy and the last few months, I have made a lot of changes in diet but lacked changes in my physical habits. I have felt so weak since I had a baby because of my health and mental struggles. It caused me to be lethargic and being active seemed to cause too much mental and physical stress at the time. It is so hard to explain my mind and the way it works. It is so complex at times I drive my own self crazy. I feel so alone at times but then realize that there is no way I am alone in how I feel.

 As of recent, I have been able to make some huge strides in my physical health which in turn helps with my mental health. My body had been so achy for a while and I finally was able to go to the chiropractor to be looked at. He was absolutely astonished as to the condition of my spine and posture. He got to work right away and it was in that appointment that I finally had a release. It was a release of tension, stress, frustration, pain, happiness, relief! I couldn't believe that I was beginning to cry right there in his office. He gave me some supplement suggestions to help with my adrenal glands and I was on my way. As soon as I got in the car, I just sobbed. Sobbed in a way that I was almost laughing at myself mid cry. I can't remember ever before crying this hard. It just released and there was nothing I could do about it. My husband was in shock as I came home, still sobbing and melting into his arms, and my sweet daughter hugged my leg.

 Obviously that chiropractor appt was far overdue. It brought such realization to me that the stresses and the lack of self love can really put a strain on our bodies. Our bodies are so complex and we don't realize how much control we have in the way we feel. I made some new goals for myself that I have already began to see results with.

1. I am continuing to eat WFPB and drinking more water.
2. I am practicing yoga every day.
3. I am staying on my feet more and doing productive tasks rather than sitting and scrolling through my phone.
4. Do an activity outdoors every day. As of now, it is gardening.

I wish quite often that I was born in a simpler time. Where it required more work to survive and there were less distractions keeping us from growing and being productive. Our phones and electronics and social media rob so much of our time. I appreciate being alive but I also don't appreciate the things that bring down the quality of so many of our lives. I hate having crohns! I really do! but I also feel like there is a blessing that has come with it and it is discovering true health in food and what it means to have true health. It has caused me to strive for a simple life with less busy and more peace of mind. We don't have to live in an always on the go kind of world. We create the life we want to live.

If you are still reading, thank you for your time and your desire to read my thoughts. I hope they are clear because I fear often that I am misunderstood. haha This is where I am at as of now and I could not be more at peace with it.

XOXO

No comments: