Saturday, August 10, 2013

SCD SPAGHETTI WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES

 So I finally ordered a Spiraler off of Amazon. It seriously is such an awesome tool!!! I love it. I did cut myself with it though, so be careful haha its sharp!

I decided to make zucchini noodles and make spaghetti sauce to go with it. This was my first pasta sauce I made myself. Well, I didn't mash up tomatoes or anything. haha I feel proud though because this sauce I made was so delicious! Every bite I took, I kept asking myself, "Did I really make this?" haha so yeah, anyways. I thought I would share the recipe. Its super simple which shows that all you need are the basic fresh ingredients to make something taste delicious.  No need for the pre-made jarred spaghetti sauce that has all kinds of added unhealthy stuff into it.


To make the zucchini noodles, I used a recipe from my favorite blog, Against All Grain. I seriously always go to this blog first to find recipes because I can always trust that her recipes will turn out amazing. I had never made zucchini noodles before and her recipe was easy enough.

http://www.againstallgrain.com/2012/07/30/zucchini-noodles/


While I had the noodles baking in the oven, I started making my spaghetti sauce. I definitely don't do much measuring. It is up to you to determine, how much of, what you want in your sauce.

Ingredients:
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
Diced onion
EVOO
4 cloves of garlic, minced
5 Fresh Basil Leaves, diced
24 oz jar of Bionaturae Organic Strained Tomatoes
About 3 tbsp of Bionaturae Organic Tomato Paste

In a large pan, brown up the ground beef.
In a smaller pan, saute the diced onion in some olive oil until they become translucent. Keep to the side.
After the ground beef is cooked through, strain the fat. Add the tomato paste and minced garlic, and stir while on med-high heat.
When all the meat is covered in the tomato paste, add the strained tomatoes, basil, and onion/olive oil mixture. Stir all together and let simmer on low.
I let mine simmer until the zucchini noodles were done in the oven.
I then added my zucchini noodles to my sauce and let simmer some more for at least 5 mins.
I prepared a salad while it was simmering.
And thats it! Super simple, and super delicious! My mom and husband loved it!
I wish I had taken a better picture. I was so distracted by the deliciousness that I had forgotten to take a picture until I was already well into eating it haha. So i apologize for that. But it definitely still looks amazing nonetheless.

Still trying to decide on whether I prefer spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles. My husband is still the spaghetti squash fan but my mom is definitely now a fan of the zucchini noodles. I still cant decide. :) Enjoy!

No comments: