Monday, September 9, 2013

My New Job

My new job is definitely teaching me a whole entirely different set of skills. All my experience in working is with kids and child care. I definitely consider myself knowledgeable in that area so it was time to find something new for my resume. I needed to be challenged even though it scares me sometimes to try something new.

I now work at a doctors office as a receptionist. I answer phone calls, schedule appointments, and make appointment reminder calls. I didn't realize how much there was to know and learn when working in a doctors office. I find myself a little overwhelmed and I am so hard on myself when I do make a mistake. I just want to know everything all at once but I have found that I will only learn through making the mistakes. 

The last few days I have just been observing and taking notes but today they had me start on the phones. My heart was beating in my chest right before I knew I was going to be answering the next call. I just get so worried about making a fool of myself or even worse, a fool of the doctors office. Luckily, I had someone next to me who was there if I had questions and to kind of walk me through it.  

I definitely made mistakes today but I just have to laugh at myself and remember that I am not perfect and I took this job to learn these new skills. So I would say that this first day on the phones was a success. :) "By the way, don't ever say "See Ya" at the end of the voice mail when calling to remind about an appointment." hahahaha I felt like such an idiot afterwards. Nerves really do get the best of me sometimes. It could have been worse though...right????

On a different note, I am so ready for fall! When it gets really cold, I am sure going to miss the hot weather but there is nothing better than fall! I love the colors, the cold nights, bonfires, and chunky sweaters with scarves. Just thinking about it all made me inspired to make my own homemade chili in the crock pot. It turned out delicious! I hope you like it :)

Crock-pot Chili
1 lb of grass fed ground beef
2 cups of prepared kidney beans (Soaked in a bowl of water over night and then rinsed)
1 onion
1 bottle of Bionaturae Organic Strained Tomatoes
1 cup of water
2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
1 orange bell pepper
3 gypsy peppers
1 large clove of garlic, minced
3 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
4 basil leaves, diced
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp honey
1 tsp coriander

Brown the ground beef in a skillet on your stove. Add the browned ground beef to your crock pot along with the rest of the ingredients. Mix all the ingredients together and cook on low for at least 6 hours.

Serve over oven baked cauliflower, or add some nutritional yeast to the top for a cheesy flavor.
My brother commented on this chili saying how he loved how healthy it tasted. Delicious and healthy :) That is what I like to hear haha

No comments: