Thursday, December 21, 2017

Whole Food Plant Based

I am back at the blog. Life has been quite the adventure the last year. My journey to find health continues but I truly believe I am on the right track. I have continued my story under the My Story tab. I am approaching my health a completely different way and because of that, I am finding so much more happiness. So forget SCD, forget Paleo, and say Hello to WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED! I explain how I came across this new lifestyle under the My Story tab so go check that out. I am excited to share how I am doing a long the way.

So far, I have been eating this way for a little over 2 months. I am med free and starting to see the results I want. I am not completely symptom free just yet but the fact that most of the symptoms I get when med free have not occurred, I know that my body is not getting any worse. It takes time and patience to heal a body that has struggled with Crohns for over 10 years. With constant prayer, I have been able to continue to eat this way every day.

I am hopeful and positive and will continue to share the amazing recipes I find.

Some major details to take note of with my new approach is that I am no longer consuming meat and I am avoiding dairy, processed food and sugar, and oil (except the occasional olive oil). 

I am eating an abundance of plant based foods such as vegetables of all kind, fruits of all kind, beans, nuts, seeds, rice and potatoes, and brown rice pasta. I eat very little bread and if I do, I only eat the best, sprouted kind such as Ezekiel bread. I am still healing and once I am fully healed, I plan to eat more whole grain, wheat products. I have absolutely loved eating this way. I have lost all my unwanted weight, with no exercising in just 2 months. 

Here is to a new me! Excited for what this new year has in store for me and my family. :)

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!



No comments: