Monday, October 3, 2016

Starting Over

So my life is unpredictable. For all of you out there struggling with Crohns or diseases similar, I suggest you get a food allergy test done. I have been following the SCD diet for quite some time and it is great but I should have gotten a food allergy test done to see what foods I am the most sensitive too. I just got one done a few weeks ago and the results are mind blowing to me. I am obviously very sensitive to grains:
Amaranth
Barley
Bran
Buckwheat
Corn
Gluten
Hops
Malt
Millet
Oats
Quinoa
Rye
Teff
and Wheat.

I am sensitive to Lobster (so random).

I am sensitive to Asparagus, Eggplant, and Okra.

I am sensitive to Black-eyed Peas, Kidney Beans, Navy beans, and PEANUTS!! :(

I am sensitive to Bananas, COCONUT!!, Fig, Kiwi, and Pineapple.

I am sensitive to Coffee, Green Tea, Bakers Yeast and Brewers Yeast.

I am sensitive to Brazil nuts, Chestnuts, Chia seeds, Poppy seeds, and Sesame.

I am sensitive to Basil, Black Pepper, Cilantro, Cinnamon, Cloves, Dill, Fennel Seed, Licorice, Nutmeg, Oregano, Peppermint, Turmeric, and Vanilla.

So there are many things here that I include in my diet all the time. Surprisingly, I show no sensitivity to dairy. So for the longest time I have been avoiding dairy and using COCONUT milk as a substitute, which is something I am very much sensitive to. I use coconut flour, coconut milk, coconut oil, coconut wraps, coconut aminos, coconut water, etc. My mind is blown and it looks like I need to make dietary changes once again.

I dont show sensitivity to rice so I am going to try out brown rice pasta. I also dont show sensitivity to potatoes. It is all so interesting to me.

So I highly recommend getting tested for food allergies if you havent already.

No comments: