Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thanksgiving with Crohns

All of us Crohnies know what it is like for the holidays. Nobody understands your diet so you have to prepare your own separate meal, you can't eat anything that your family/friends make, and you get questioned all day about why you aren't eating what everyone else is eating haha At least for me, that has always been the case. Last year I went all out and made a full Thanksgiving dinner: Turkey, butternut squash mash, Cauliflower mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls, Pumpkin pie, etc. IT WAS TOO MUCH. haha I stressed myself out so much that I decided to keep it simple this year. I really don't need to make myself a turkey. I really don't need rolls. I really don't need casseroles haha Instead I made my own delicious version of a simple Thanksgiving dinner. It turned out perfect.

We spent Thanksgiving with my husbands side of the family this year and I was asked to bring green beans. I am so used to making green bean casserole for Thanksgiving but most of the family preferred regular green beans. So I found a delicious recipe online that every one loved and that I was able to eat. I ate the green beans along with my own specialized dishes. I will post the links to all the recipes. I only share recipes I love and that I know taste good. It can be hit or miss in the SCD world. Just know that I only share the best haha

Coconut Crusted Chicken
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes (Instead of EVOO and fresh garlic, I used ghee and garlic salt)
Pancetta Green Beans  (I used ghee instead of butter, and used yellow onion)
Pumpkin Pie
Coconut Whipped Cream

and that's it. Simple, yet so delicious. Wish I had thought to take pictures for you all.

Oh and I also spoiled myself by getting organic apple cider haha. CHEERS!


No comments: