Thursday, September 25, 2014

A DIY Country Bridal Shower

I threw a bridal shower for my brother's fiancé last weekend. I was so excited to do it because I had the perfect location and perfect theme picked out :) The theme was 'Miss to Mrs.'.


The location was right down the street from where I live at a good friends back yard. It is country, with horses in the scenery, and beautiful. I have many pictures to share, so here I go. haha



i wish i had noticed the one doily that is sticking up before taking the pic. woops! haha





Everything I used to decorate was either from my house or from the property I had the shower at.
I used brown paper lunch sacks to make the Miss to Mrs. bunting. 
I used tulle from the dollar store as well as brown paper bags to make garlands by the sign in table.
I bought the cowgirl hat (for the bride) from the goodwill and attached the dollar store tulle and dollar store flowers to the back as seen in the picture above. 
I made the doily buntings with twine and bought the doilies from walmart.
I used firewood for the food table that i had stashed on the side of my house. 
I made the coffee table in the lounge area using a silver tub i bought at the goodwill along with a pallet for the table top. I brought all the throw pillows from my house and tossed them onto the outdoor chairs.
That rug is originally from target. I pulled it out of my closet to use. The lace i used on the haystacks for gifts are actually old curtains i used to have hung up. I placed my own blankets on all the rest of the hay bales for seating. I lit candles from the dollar store to add a more intimate feel. I used the wheel barrow for the drinks. I took that pic before I poured more ice in it. 

It all turned out so great! Let me know if you have any questions about anything :)



No comments: