Thursday, August 1, 2013

Zucchini Burger (SCD)

This burger can get a little messy because zucchini is pretty juicy after being cooked, but I just love it. It is worth the mess :P I received a HUGE zucchini from someone that they picked from their garden! SO it was perfect size to use for hamburger 'buns'.

Ingredients:

Burger:
1 lb Grass fed ground beef
2-3 Tbsp of Diced Onion (however much you would like)
1 clove of garlic, minced
salt and pepper
2 Tbsp of fresh chopped basil


1 Large Zucchini
Sliced tomato (optional of course)
Mustard
2 large pieces of lettuce of your choice
Olive oil

Combine all the ingredients for your burger. Mix by hand to make sure it all gets mashed and mixed thoroughly. Create patties to equal the size of your zucchini slices.

Cook patties in a pan on your stove top while you grill your zucchini. I have a George Foreman Grill so I put olive oil and salt pepper on both sides of my zucchini slices and then placed in my George Foreman. 

For the finished product, Place piece of lettuce down, then a grilled zucchini slice, then a cooked patty, mustard, tomato, and then top with the second zucchini slice a lettuce. MMMMM good!

Hopefully this doesn't sound too complicated. I'm still learning how to explain my recipes haha Feel free to comment if you have any questions :)

 

No comments: