Thursday, August 1, 2013

Fried Egg Breakfasts (SCD)

I have been trying to mix it up a little when it comes to breakfast. I tend to eat eggs almost every morning and I have come up with a couple ways to make my breakfast more interesting. Usually, I just scramble my eggs with some spinach, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper and then top with fresh diced tomato. But for the days that I am "feeling fancy" I can make some of these delicious dishes.

Fried Egg over Black Beans and Sauteed Spinach
This is sort of similar to my black bean salad with a lot more protein!

Ingredients
spinach
1 clove minced garlic
coconut oil
Cooked black beans
cumin
salt and pepper
cayenne pepper
diced green onion
diced tomato
1 egg

I really like to add cumin to my black beans. Feel free to take it out if you're not a fan. Almost all my recipes can be switched up or added to. Makes it easy :)

1. Sautee spinach in the coconut oil and garlic.
2. Heat up the black beans and add cumin, salt and pepper, and cayenne.
3. Cook up your fried egg to your liking. I usually cook it to over-hard but every once in a while I feel up to over-easy. (Mostly on the days that I don't have patience to wait for it to cook haha)
4. Place cooked spinach on a plate, place black beans on top, then place fried egg on top of that.
5. I add salt and pepper and cayenne on top of my egg, and then top with diced green onion and tomato!


Fried Egg Over Asparagus
Asparagus for breakfast? Yes, It is AMAZING! haha

Ingredients:
1 egg
coconut oil
sea salt
diced green onion
diced tomato
asparagus
(salt, pepper, and cayenne)

I cooked my asparagus in the toaster oven! It seriously cooks amazing in there! haha I learned this from this website: http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2013/04/all-about-asparagus.html It has a lot of information about asparagus on their if you are interested in reading :P

1. I lined my toaster oven pan with foil, Trimmed off the ends of my asparagus spears, brushed both sides with coconut oil, and then sprinkled with sea salt.

2. Set the toaster oven on bake at 425 degrees and cook for about 10 mins.

3. While your asparagus is cooking, fry up your egg to your liking.

4. Place cooked asparagus on a plate, sprinkle with diced tomato. Place fried egg on top of that, (salt and pepper and cayenne if you want to add that on top), then top with diced green onion and more diced tomato! I love tomato! haha

Hope these breakfast ideas give you great ideas of your own. Being creative is delicious :)

No comments: