Thursday, August 1, 2013

Black Bean Salad (SCD)

This meal I threw together with what I had in my fridge at the time and it turned out delicious!! It is super simple, nothing fancy.

I cooked up some black beans in my crock pot the day before so I have black beans in the fridge ready for use whenever I want them. I have been on a black bean kick lately.

Ingredients:

Bell Pepper
Spinach
Coconut oil
Minced Garlic (I use fresh)
Cooked black beans
Cumin
Cayenne Pepper
Chopped lettuce
Diced Tomato
Salt and Pepper

1. First I sauteed the spinach and chopped bell pepper with some coconut oil and minced garlic.
2. Then I heated up some black beans I had cooked the day before. I added some cumin, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to them. :)
3. I placed the cooked spinach  and bell pepper at the bottom of a bowl, then poured the black beans on top.
4. I topped the black beans with fresh chopped lettuce and tomato.

It was the perfect lunch for me. Feel free to add more, take away from, or whatever for your own liking :) I don't measure anything when it comes to ingredients. I just taste test haha


No comments: