Friday, August 23, 2013

Avocado Colada Smoothie (SCD Dairy free)

So I absolutely love the flavor of Pina Coladas! Before I started the SCD diet, I would always try to order a virgin Pina Colada when I went out on dates with Clayton :P Anyways, I loved how my other avocado smoothie turned out so I thought I would try another one :) It is delicious!

Ingredients: serves 2-3
2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
1/2 avocado (or more if you would like)
1 banana
1 tbspn organic raw honey
1 cup of canned crushed pineapple with juice**
2 tbspns of organic creamed coconut (Link is on other smoothie recipe)
20 or so ice cubes because none of my fruits were frozen. Feel free to use a frozen banana and add as much ice as you may need after that.
optional: Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes (add into smoothie or just for garnish on top)

Blend it together in your nifty blender.

If you dont have coconut cream, I recommend using coconut milk instead of almond milk to give the smoothie the coconut flavor, or maybe even just add coconut oil. :)

**The canned crushed pineapple needs to be canned in its own juice. Look at the label. It should only read pineapple and pineapple juice. No concentrates or any other added ingredients. Also, it doesn't have to be crushed. Buy whatever  canned pineapple. Crushed was all I had in my cabinet.

ALSO, organic is just a preference of mine. Don't feel like you have to use organic products for your smoothies :)



No comments: