Sunday, August 25, 2013

Avocado Black Bean 'Hummus' SCD



I have been dying to make my own hummus and I figured I might as well try making it with two of my favorite things: Black beans and Avocado :)

Ingredients:
1 cup of cooked black beans (I used the prepared black beans that I keep in my fridge)
1 avocado
2 tablespoons of organic tahini
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper


Blend all these ingredients together in a food processor, scoop into a bowl, and serve with your favorite dippers!

 I chose to dip mine with carrots, green beans, and orange bell pepper. SO delicious! Feel free to make some grain free chips/crackers to go with it or for those who arent grain free, wheat thins work just fine haha

 This hummus would also taste so good on a hot dog, or on a hamburger, or even on a sandwich! Give it a try :) 

No comments: