Monday, September 23, 2013

Waffle TIme!

So I have learned, that if you are going to make zucchini noodles, it is probably better to take the skins off first. I made spaghetti the other night for a group of people and I was too lazy to peel the skin off. It tasted fine, it just didn't have the same "noodle" effect. It had a crunchy texture. I probably won't ever use the lazy way when I am having people over. If it is just me, I don't care. I just didn't want people, who have never had zucchini noodles, have the skins on for their first experience… haha my bad. They said they liked it anyways which is great! :) Not sure how much truth there was to that haha

Anyways, so I was in a hurry one morning to where I didn't have time to look up a breakfast recipe. I was really craving waffles and cinnamon so I decided to try to make my own recipe. I was taking a risk here of not eating any breakfast that morning but I felt confident enough to go for it. I was so grateful they turned out delicious and what I love about them is that I enjoy them cold as well. I keep the left overs in the fridge and will eat it them without heating them up and they are still so good!


ALSO my husband looooves these with powdered sugar and maple syrup on top. He doesn't eat SCD or Paleo but it is nice that I can still make these for him and he can enjoy them :) Almost comes out like French toast haha Maybe I am stretching a bit? haha give it a try and let me know your thoughts



Cinnamon Waffles: serves 2
1 Cup of Almond Flour
1 Tbs of Coconut Flour
1 Tbs of Cinnamon
1/4 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Salt
3 Eggs
1/4 Cup of Honey
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs of Coconut Oil, melted.

Turn your waffle iron on.

With most recipes I have come across, they ask you to mix the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients separately. But for me, I was in a hurry and really didn't want to create the hassle, so I thoroughly mixed the dry ingredients together and then added the wet ingredients directly to the same bowl and mixed it well together.

I poured the waffle mix into the waffle maker…it made two good size waffles. 

For my "syrup", I just drizzled more honey on top. I ate one waffle and then put the other in the fridge for later.

Definitely satisfied my craving for cinnamon and waffles :) Hope you like it! Feel free to leave any comments!


No comments: