Saturday, September 7, 2013

Pushing myself...

Throughout the last couple of months, I have really been trying to push myself. Not just physically by going to the gym but mentally by pushing through when I want to give up. There is nothing more rewarding than doing something that your body or mind is telling you that you can't do. I have started with the gym, going when I don't feel up to it, and by doing the elliptical for a whole hour, keeping my heart rate at 169 the entire time. I feel way proud of myself for overcoming my mind and pushing through even when it is hard.

Last night, I went horseback riding. I am terrified of horses. I can handle them when there is a fence separating us but when I am next to a horse, I am a nervous wreck. Their strength intimidates me and I feel helpless. They seem so unpredictable to me and I feel so small next to them. I guess I just feel like horses are dangerous, but beautiful to look at from afar. I finally decided to try to overcome that fear last night by going to a good friends house to ride. We took some time brushing the horses and putting their horse shoes on. I was able to get pretty comfortable standing next to them and petting them. Then when it came time to ride them, my nerves started all over again.
I don't think I stopped talking the whole ride haha I was annoying myself. I was concerned with every movement the horse made. I guess my biggest fears are that the horse will get spooked while I am on it, it will either burst off running, buck, or do something that would cause me to fall off. Then when I am down, I am scared of getting kicked or stomped on. I hate that I am scared and I wish that I could enjoy it fully.

This ride didn't get rid of my fears completely but I am proud of myself for sticking through it and I was  grateful that the people that took me were patient and took an easy ride for me. Hopefully I won't be as nervous my next time going. If I am going to live in the country and have a ranch some day, I need to be able to get along with horses. haha so here's to a horse adventure!!!

Also, here is a new slushy recipe:

Orange Cream Slushy

1/2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup of coconut cream
2 tbspns of honey
12 ice cubes

Throw all ingredients in a blender, and BLEND! :D



No comments: