Tuesday, September 10, 2013

SCD Fried "Rice"

Chinese food is one of the many types of foods that I miss eating since starting the SCD diet; especially rice. Fried rice was one of my favorite Chinese dishes and so I thought I would try my best at making my own version that is grain free and soy free! Thank goodness my attempt was a success! My husband can even agree. Here is how to make it:

Fried "Rice" (Serves 3-4)

Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
1-2 carrots, chopped/diced
a handful of fresh green beans, cut into small pieces. (Can use peas as a substitute)
3 small eggs
pinch of sea salt
pepper to taste
2 tbsp EVOO
5 tbsp of coconut aminos


1.In a food processor, use the shred option, and shred the cauliflower florets. The cauliflower will look similar to the way rice does.
2. Pour the shredded cauliflower into a frying pan on medium high heat. Stirring occasionally as you cut up your carrots and green beans. Place them in the frying pan, along with the EVOO, pepper and sea salt.  Mix well.
3. Cook until the carrots and green beans begin to soften and start adding the coconut aminos.
4. After mixing well, push all the rice mixture to one side of the pan and crack open the three eggs to the other half. Use your spatula to scramble the eggs. (They will cook fast since the pan is very hot). As they are almost fully scrambled, start mixing them in completely to the cauliflower rice.

Taste test and add more salt if needed. It is then ready to serve!! With the amount I listed, mine came out just the way I like it. Definitely hit the spot and I got my Chinese food fix :) Hope you enjoy!

No comments: