Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Busy Much?


Man, being out of work really allowed me to get things done throughout the day. It got me motivated to go to the gym, it allowed me to get my house unpacked and decorated, and it allowed me to have time to do the dishes (we dont have a dish washer). 

Now, life is getting a bit more hectic. I have a job that takes up my mornings throughout the week (I really enjoyed going to the gym in the mornings) and I also just started up school. Two online courses keep you very busy. So on top of work and school, I really need to stay motivated in getting to the gym. It is crazy how quickly you can become lazy but I ALWAYS feel better after forcing myself to go. SO I have work, school, gym, and then preparing meals, OH and lets not forget sleep! How am I going to juggle all of this??!! It just means that I will need to manage my time well. It is gonna be busy and quite the adventure but I know that I will be rewarded and feel so much better staying occupied and pushing myself. 

In the meantime, I have new recipes for you :)


Zucchini Pizza Bites

-Sliced zucchini
-desired pizza sauce **(if you arent making your own, check labels to make sure there is no added sugar or hidden ingredients in the canned/jarred kind)
-basil
-nutritional yeast
-halved tomato slices (optional: add any toppings you desire)

I cooked my pizza bites in my toaster over. 

Place zucchini slices on a greased foil lined pan.
Put a small spoonful of sauce on each slice.
Sprinkle some basil on each slice
Add your desired amount of nutritional yeast. I like to be generous with mine.
Add the tomato slice on top. 
Place in the toaster oven and bake at 400 for 10 min

Easy and delicious!


Blackberry Pear Smoothie

1/3 cup of coconut milk
1 avocado
1 handful of spinach
1/2 cup of blackberries
1 ripe/juicy pear
2 tbspns honey
Unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)
10 ice cubes

Blend in your blender until smoothie. SO delicious!

Happy Blogging! 

No comments: