Monday, August 19, 2013

Morning Spin Smoothie

When I buy berries and bananas from the store, I immediately prep them and freeze more than half of them to make smoothies throughout the week. Organic berries can be pretty expensive so I like to make them last longer in the freezer and just put them in my smoothies.

This smoothie is the perfect start for your day. It is delicious and healthy :)

Ingredients: 
2 handfuls of organic baby spinach
1 frozen banana
1 cup of organic mixed frozen strawberries and blueberries
1/2 cup of canned coconut milk (I used one of the cans I keep in my fridge. Scoop all the cream off the top half and then use the liquid at the bottom of the can for the smoothie. Mine measured about a 1/2 cup)
1/2 cup of water
juice from one orange
honey (optional)

Place all ingredients into your blender. I used a Vitamix blender. They are super expensive HA. I use my neighbors. Maybe one day I can buy one of my own haha

I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I did :)


No comments: