Monday, June 15, 2015

Hello Summer!

Hello, Hello! So it has been a few months since I have posted. I have been a busy bee. Great news! I am off medication once again and have held strong for over a month now by just managing my diet and taking my prebiotic and probiotics. It seriously is such an amazing feeling to have come this far and see my hard work pay off.

It is time for me to manage my recipe list. I am going to only keep the best of the best recipes that I have found. Still believe the Against All Grain cookbooks to be topnotch!! There are a few recipes throughout that I do not make because of certain ingredients but most of the recipes I can have. Have not tried one recipe from her books that I did not love! For my birthday last month, I made myself a birthday cake using Danielle Walkers cookbook. It was a chocolate cake with a chocolate buttercream frosting. Seriously was to die for. I am pretty sure this frosting was the creamiest, most delicious frosting I have ever had, including the unhealthy frostings from my past haha Here was the very last piece of cake I ate. I forgot to take a picture of the cake before I starting eat it, whoops :P I ended up eating it the entire weekend and was sad to know that it was almost gone. So go buy those cookbooks if you haven't already ;)

For my church, there was an activity planned for women and there are many members who have allergies or are gluten free; so, I was asked to help make a dessert that people like me would enjoy. I was thrilled to do it.  They were making pink lemonade, no-bake cheesecake in jars for everyone else so I decided to make a similar dessert. I found the most amazing 'cheese'cake recipe online and am excited to share it with you! click here for the recipe.

I put a little bit of crust at the bottom of each jar and then divided the cheese cake into each jar. To make the raspberry puree, I used a mini food processor. I put some raspberries and a pinch of honey into the processor and processed until it was all blended. Scooped a little on top of each before I served them, along with a whole raspberry on top. This recipe made 12 jars.

I received so many compliments on them. They tasted amazing. Nobody could believe that cashews would do the trick to be able to make such a creamy texture. If you enjoy cheesecake, make this recipe!! It is perfect!

No comments: