Wednesday, January 28, 2015

New Year, New Recipes

 
 So it is 2015. Crazy! Where does the time go?? I am so glad that I have been able to start this new year feeling healthy and on the right track. It is so easy for me to eat healthy and I definitely feel like eating SCD/Paleo has become second nature to me. I no longer sit around wondering what I am going to eat. THERE IS SO MUCH FOR ME TO EAT :)
I try to only share the best recipes on my blog. Some of my recipes I have come up with myself and shared on here, I am not going to lie...aren't the best haha but for me, sometimes I cant always have the best things on hand (to make the most delicious waffles for example. haha) so I apologize if you have tried one of my own recipes and it didn't turn out so amazing. haha please forgive me. Anyways, I can tell you that these recipes I am about to share ARE amazing. One is a recipe I kind of came up with myself and the other I came across because I had way too many blueberries on hand and needed a good way to use them.

First, I want to share my salad recipe. I made it for the New Years party I went to and I had tons of compliments. It is super easy and HEALTHY of course haha and delicious nonetheless.

Honey Poppy Seed Salad  
 
 
Ingredients:
Romaine Lettuce
Baby Spinach
Strawberries
Blueberries
Crushed Pecans
Poppy Seed
Honey
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
 
Optional: Grilled Chicken
 
Cut up the amount  of romaine lettuce you want and mix it with baby spinach. Cut up the strawberries into halves or quartered. Place the berries, and pecans on top. Pour some olive oil, squeeze some lemon juice, drizzle honey, and shake some poppy seeds all over the salad and mix. It is ready to serve. Add some chicken to the salad if you so desire. :)
 
I made this salad at my moms wedding this last month as well. People loved it. I had a ton of blueberries left that weren't used and needed a way to use them. I found a recipe for some delicious grain free scones.
 
Lemon Blueberry Scones
 
Click here to get the recipe :)

No comments: