Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Count your blessings...

I feel like a lot of the time, I find myself complaining about my job and things when I need to start counting my blessings. There are so many things to be grateful for but they get overlooked by the smallest of worries or expectations.

This is what I am grateful for today:
1. My sweet husband.
We get in arguments, yes, but I am so grateful for the moments where we can be so quick to forgive and remember how much we love each other.

2. My health.
I am so grateful to be at a point in my life where my Crohns has been manageable. I am grateful for the knowledge I have gained through all the trial and error that has brought me to where I am today.

3. My Family.
I am so grateful for the relationships that I have with each member of my family. I feel that they have all grown to a different level this last year and it is really nice to be close to them, no matter how far away they are.

4. My home.
I am grateful for my little home. It may be small but it is cozy nonetheless.

5. My Church.
I am so grateful for this new ward that we moved into. I have never felt so welcomed and they have truly taught me the meaning of service.

6. My job.
Although I don't really enjoy my job, I am grateful for the fact that I have always been provided a job. I am also grateful for the experiences of this new job. It has been challenging but it has taught me a little more about myself and how to deal with uncomfortable situations.

From this day forward, I am going to start writing 6 things every night that I am grateful for that either occurred that day or that I noticed that day. I think this will bring much more peace into my life and help me to remember what is important.

Life is short. Count your blessings, not your troubles.

Happy Blogging!

No comments: