Sunday, August 18, 2013

"Cheesy" Bacon Scramble (SCD)

I thought I would create a meal with all my favorite breakfast foods :) Well, almost all of them. This egg scramble tastes so good! I had made it for my mom and I this morning before we went to church and she definitely couldn't help but say "mmmm" after probably every other bite lol It is super easy to make too, so let's get to it:

Ingredients: (serves 2)
5 organic eggs
1 handful of organic spinach
2 tablespoons of organic green onion
4 tablespoons of nutritional yeast. (Feel free to add more or less)
a pinch of sea salt
a couple shakes of pepper
a couple shakes of cayenne pepper
4 pieces of fresh smoked bacon, (**precook before starting)
Half an avocado, sliced (optional)
tomatoes for garnish (optional)
oil for pan***

**I bake my bacon in my toaster oven. I place some foil down on the toaster pan, place 4 pieces of bacon on top of the foil. Set my oven to bake and to 400 degrees. Bake it for about 10-15 min. Depends on how crispy you like them. I like them crispy so I tend to cook them for 15-20 min...just keep your eye on them.

***I bought this awesome oil sprayer called Misto. It has allowed me to be able to spray oil without having to buy the ones at the store with all the other added ingredients. The Misto allows me to know exactly what is going into the sprayer and onto my food. I don't use as much oil this way too. I found mine at TJ Maxx for a little cheaper than the one I linked from Amazon.

Directions:
1. Oil your frying pan. (I just gave a couple sprays)
2. Crack the eggs into the pan.  A lot of people like to whisk their eggs before putting them into the pan. I don't just to save me from having more dishes to clean.
3. Cut up your cooked bacon with some kitchen scissors into small bite size pieces (or bigger if you prefer.) Set aside
4. Use your spatula to break the egg yokes up a bit and then start adding the spinach, green onion, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper, and cayenne while you turn the heat up to medium-high.
5. As you see the eggs starting too cook, stir, stir, stir, while scraping the bottom of the pan with the rubber spatula.
6. At about half way cooked through, add in the bacon bites and the last two tablespoons of nutritional yeast. Keep scrambling it all together so the spinach is getting cooked down with the egg.
7. When the eggs are no longer runny, scoop the scramble into two different "cereal" bowls. Add two slices from the avocado to each bowl, and then top with some fresh diced tomatoes. I even added a little more green onion on top too :) Hope you enjoy this as much as I did!


No comments: